Transparency Code – Annual Information
Under the Transparency Code 2015 there is a variety of information that must be published Quarterly and Annually. This page sets out the information that must be published on an Annual basis.
Local Authority Land
Land owned by Welwyn Parish Council:
- Welwyn Cemetery, Kimpton Road (used as parish cemetery)
- Parish Centre, Lockleys Drive (used as the main administrative office for Welwyn Parish Council)
- Allotments, Orchard Road (used for allotments)
- Allotments, Lockleys Drive (used for allotments)
- Playing fields, Ottway Walk (this land includes The Pavilion, Whitehill Centre, Workshop, Ottway Walk Car Park and two play areas)
- Dog walking field, Whitehill (used for dog walking and left fallow)
- Whitehill Car Park (used for parking provision
Leased by Welwyn Parish Council (from someone else):
- Welwyn Civic Cente (from Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council)
- Lockleys Drive Car Park (from Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council)
- Path at Lockleys Drive Car Park (from Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council)
- Titmus Yard Car Park (from Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council)
- High Street Car Park (from Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council)
- Broomfield Road Car Park (from Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council)
- Burnham Green (with Datchworth Parish Council from Hertfordshire County Council)
Leased by Welwyn Parish Council to other people (where they are our tenants):
- Acorn Playgroup and Pre-School (adjacent to Whitehill Car Park)
- Welwyn & District Bowls Club (at Ottway Walk Playing Fields)
- Welwyn Sports & Social Club (at Ottway Walk Playing Fields)
- Welwyn Tennis Club (at Ottway Walk Playing Fields)
- Hertfordshire County Council – Welwyn Library (sub-tenants on behalf of Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council at Welwyn Civic Centre)
- Caretakers Flat (sub-tenants on behalf at Welwyn Civic Centre)
- Hertfordshire Constabulary – Welwyn Police Office (provided for free at Welwyn Civic Centre)
Land where the Council holds an interest:
- War memorials (Church Street, )
- St Mary’s Churchyard (as a closed churchyard Welwyn Parish Council are responsible for its maintenance)
Social Housing Assets
Welwyn Parish Council is not responsible for any social housing. In general housing is a Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council responsibility.
Grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations
Welwyn Parish Council currently runs a Grant Aid scheme. This primarily supports local groups and organisations through increased hire subsidies from the Council. In many cases this means that the council can “donate” far more than if it were to make direct monetary grants. You can read about our Grant Aid scheme here.
We intend to list our past Grants in a spreadsheet format. Currently the original applications, and the decision made, can be seen in the papers for the Full Council where they applied.
Welwyn Parish Council does not currently have an organisational chart as the staff team are on the same level reporting directly to the Clerk. You can read more about the Clerk and staff here.
Trade Union Facility Time
Welwyn Parish Council does not recognise any trade unions due to it’s size and as such no trade union facility time is currently provided. Staff are able to supported by a representative during meetings and the Council seeks to use national agreed terms and conditions using the National Joint Council for Local Government Services as reference (sometimes referred to as the Green Book).
There are three types of car parks maintained by Welwyn Parish Council:
- Those owned by Welwyn Parish Council, such as Ottway Walk and Whitehill Car Park;
- Those leased from Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council to ensure that parking charges aren’t implemented locally;
- Those around the Welwyn Civic Centre, leased from Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council.
Welwyn Parish Council does not receive any income from parking enforcement and pays for this service from Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council as part of the leasing arrangements.
You can find out more about our car parks on the Parking within Welwyn page. We’ve highlighted those leased from Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council so that local parking charges weren’t implemented with (WHBC).
|Car Park Name||Normal Spaces||Disabled Spaces||Cycle Spaces||Other|
|Broomfield Road (WHBC), AL6 9DW||~8 (unmarked)||0||0||0|
|High Street, AL6 9EQ||27||2||2||0|
|Lockleys Drive (WHBC), AL6 9NT||46||2||0||2 Parish Centre|
|Ottway Walk, AL6 9AS||52||2||0||0|
|Titmus Yard (WHBC), AL6 9LW||14||0||0|
|Whitehill Car Park, AL6 9FN||31||2||0||4 Parent/Child|
|Civic Centre (WHBC) (outside venue), AL6 9ER||38||2||3||6 NHS Staff|
|Whitehill Centre (outside venue), AL6 9AS||~18 (unmarked)||0||0||0|
The only post considered senior is the Clerk. The current post was appointed “Substantive point” of the LC3 range as set out by the National Association of Local Councils and the Society of Local Council Clerks. This covers Spinal Column Points 37-41 (as defined by the National Joint Council for Local Government Service).
Since at least 2013 there have been no instances of fraud recorded by the council.
You can read more about the Transparency Code on the Government website:
If you want to find out more about Welwyn Parish Council have a look at our page on transparency.